Kijiji Buyers BEWARE of Puppy SCAM!

Gail Benoit & Dana Bailey continue to sell puppies despite their previous convictions of Animal Cruelty and upcomming charges on numerous other animal cruelty charges. They are now operating out of Dartmouth/Halifax area & continue to post ads on Kijiji in hopes of generating new sales.

"There was no doubt the pair mistreated dogs."

"The distressed state of the puppies was not a sudden occurrence. It developed over time. Even if the appellants’ control of the puppies had been brief — a matter of days — there was ample time and opportunity to relieve their then obvious distress, or to begin doing so,"

Characterization lacked "any air of reality" - Justice Peter Bryson Source





Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Found on Kijiji






RE: Shepard/Pit mix and Pit puppies from Digby
Price: Please contact
Ad ID: 90285972 Visits: 25
Address: Digby, NS, B0V 1A0 View map Location: Halifax Date Listed: 25-Nov-08
First off, I am in no way associated with Dana or Gail, and they have DEFINATELY not purchased dogs from us at any point in time, nor rescued.
I was helping find these puppies homes for my 75 year old sick Grandmother and my 7 month pregnant cousin in-law. These puppies we're not intentionally bread as far as I know, and if they we're I was not even in the country at that point.
I ADORE animals. My family have always had at least one dog, if not more. Our dogs are treated as part of the family, they live inside, not on the end of chains and always have access to food, clean water and plenty of love and attention. I would never intentionally hurt ANY animal.
To those people who purchased a dog from my cousin who is a minor, im sorry but you will need to contact her or her parents to receive a refund. To anyone I dealt with on this website, you can respond to this ad if you have not already got in contact with me and I will work on getting you a refund. I have contacted most, but I need to get ahold of a couple more.
I understand parvovirus is a very serious, deadly disease and if I had of known what this disease was or any of it's symptoms I would NEVER have sold those dogs for my Grandmother or cousin, and I definately would not have alloud a dog with such a deadly virus around my beloved dogs, or in my home. Those dogs looked healthy to me, but I am not a vet, I have no training as any sort of animal handeler and I never claimed to. I put on the ad that I placed that the pups we're NOT vet checked and did not have any sort of needles and we're not registered. We did give the dogs worm medicine, twice, because we knew they had worms, but I told every single person I dealt with that they did. If people are going to point fingers and blame me of intentionally selling sick puppies, I should point out that you knowingly bought puppies who were not checked by a vet and did not have needles. You must assume some responcibitity.
While those pups were on my property they were well taken care of, I fed them everyday, let them out for exercize for at least a couple hours a day, and they always had access to clean water and the outside in which to releive them self.
If anyone wants to beleive Gail or Dana, that is your business, but aside from my cousin, there is no connection between MYSELF and those people. I would not allow them anywhere near my dogs or any dogs in my posession. I also find that they are horrible people for doing this knowingly and repeditly for so long. However to be lumped in the same catagory for trying to help someone out and find loving homes for these pups, ONE TIME, is not right. I understand the hurt this has caused people and i'm so, so very sorry. I can only promice that I will no longer sell any pups for anyone, or house anyone elses pups at my residence regardless of who it is. THIS WAS A GRAVE MISTAKE. But I am not a criminal or this horrible person that people are making me/us out to be. Let's just hope any of you people never make a mistake and have people lash out on you like some people have at us, because it's not a very nice feeling, and makes living in what I thought a small close knit community, not so nice and not so close knit. Maybe instead of saying hateful, hurtful things, use your energy for positive things like spreading the message on parvovirus and other puppy/dog related diseases, so both people who have pups to find homes for and people looking for pups are aware of what to look for and be aware of.
Thats all I have to say, thank you for reading this and have a good day.

No comments: