Kijiji Buyers BEWARE of Puppy SCAM!

Gail Benoit & Dana Bailey continue to sell puppies despite their previous convictions of Animal Cruelty and upcomming charges on numerous other animal cruelty charges. They are now operating out of Dartmouth/Halifax area & continue to post ads on Kijiji in hopes of generating new sales.

"There was no doubt the pair mistreated dogs."

"The distressed state of the puppies was not a sudden occurrence. It developed over time. Even if the appellants’ control of the puppies had been brief — a matter of days — there was ample time and opportunity to relieve their then obvious distress, or to begin doing so,"

Characterization lacked "any air of reality" - Justice Peter Bryson Source





Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Esther Smith responds to Dana Bailey

November 26, 2008
Dear Mr. Dana Bailey & Ms. Gail Benoit:

First of all, thank you for your response. Before I get started on this letter I want to make it very clear that the phone call you placed to my home on Saturday, November 22 2008 was very inappropriate and was exposing me to language and tone that I am not accustom to hearing. It was very unprofessional and extremely uncalled for. Therefore this is a formal request to NOT contact me via telephone again.

You expressed in your response that you feel I have been paid up for the premature death of my puppy I purchased from you. I feel that you as a business owner should stand behind whatever product you carry / sell as any other business should. I was not aware of any involvement you had with Chapman Kennels, whom you purchased the puppy from. I was not aware of the birthplace of any of these puppies, nor the medical conditions they had (parvo), or age of these puppies.

After you received the funds for the puppy, you quickly disappeared. I later discovered the vet records you provided did not match the puppy you sold me. The records stated that the puppy was 9 weeks old. After the death of the puppy I was informed by a vet and Chapman Kennels that the puppy was only 4 weeks old and still needed her mother.

I have in no way done any damage to your business. I feel you have done this damage yourself and I will not be held responsible for your misfortunes. I have told my case numerous times to people and media and continue to do so. I have only provided facts which I know are true, and can prove.

I do not accept your response, and regret to inform you that I still am formally requesting a full refund of $500.00 to be issued ASAP.

Happy Holidays,
Esther Smith.

No comments: