Kijiji Buyers BEWARE of Puppy SCAM!

Gail Benoit & Dana Bailey continue to sell puppies despite their previous convictions of Animal Cruelty and upcomming charges on numerous other animal cruelty charges. They are now operating out of Dartmouth/Halifax area & continue to post ads on Kijiji in hopes of generating new sales.

"There was no doubt the pair mistreated dogs."

"The distressed state of the puppies was not a sudden occurrence. It developed over time. Even if the appellants’ control of the puppies had been brief — a matter of days — there was ample time and opportunity to relieve their then obvious distress, or to begin doing so,"

Characterization lacked "any air of reality" - Justice Peter Bryson Source





Monday, January 5, 2009

Dear Judge Jean-Louis Batiot

Below is a copy of a letter sent by an anonymous animal lover to the Judge Jean-Louis Batiot

Judge Jean-Louis Batiot
119 Queen Street P.O. Box 1089

Digby, N.S.
B0V 1A0

Friday, December-19-08

Dear Judge Jean-Louis Batiot

Re: Benoit / Bailey Case

I am writing on behalf of myself and the many animals’ lives that have been affected by the dealings of “Puppies R Us” over the past dozen or so years.

I tend to stay calm, cool and collective while hearing about the numerous cases of animal abuse which take place every year in this province, and pray that the law does their part to insure it does not take place again.

I’ve been following the case of Puppies R Us, and I believe deep down inside that something has to end the suffering. I know this is not their first time with “ problems “, but I sure hope that it is the last.

What scares me the most is Dana Bailey casually mentioned during his trial that they are unable to locate a vet in Nova Scotia to deal with them. I personally needed to verify this, so I called every vet clinic in Nova Scotia and asked them if they were aware of them and if they would refuse them business, this I found to be true. I then thought what if they had a dog which was very ill and were unable to access any medical attention; wouldn’t this be like a mother with a sick child and no doctor? It would not be fair for the animals!

They have done so much “self damage” to themselves that nobody wants anything to do with them. I feel that they have earned these problems, and being unable to provide medical attention if required to any animal they should not be allowed to own them, and sure as hell not able to sell them.

I found myself emailing, phoning and writing families which have lost their puppies purchased from Benoit and Bailey. It was a very emotional time by everyone; I even spoke to grown men who still hurt from what took place. People’s hard earned money is being burnt up by Puppies R Us, and everyone knows it! But only I and the families whom purchased puppies from Benoit and Bailey really know how deep the scars do go. There are more than 30 maritime families which have lost puppies shortly after purchasing just in the last year! Please don’t let this continue. I have wrote Air Canada, Bay Ferries Ltd and other forms of transport and they have now agreed to NOT aid her with her business, not because of me – but because of investigations done of previous problems they have had with her.

I trust and know that you will make the best decision possibly for this case, and I hope to be able to sleep at night once again knowing that they are unable to traffic, hoard, or own anymore animals ever again.

Warmest Regards,


A Concerned Animal Lover

No comments: